Saturday 1 January 2011

Food for thought

Resolution to Evolution...Growing from Wanting to Loving








by Dena Churchill on Saturday, January 1, 2011 at 7:07am
To you my friends who have inspired me with your posts to my wall,  I share my thoughts........

The principle of New Year’s resolutions always struck me strange.  Why do people wait for a certain date to make a change?   It is almost like the phrase “Monday I’ll start my diet” :)  Living in the future fantasy you miss the opportunity for joy, fulfillment and presence of this moment.  

Evolution is not resolving to do something then but just doing it now.   When you have the thought, begin something of the process at that time.   Choose the healthier food,  try the yoga headstand,  write another article, jog another lap, register for the course, make the call.....Just do it!   

Resolution and revolution are the paths that leave us in a tail spin of thinking we are going to get somewhere- “I am going to improve myself”, “going to self master”...with the idea that somehow you are less now and more later.  Expanding outward from the beauty that already exists inside,  fuels the best version YOU.   A seed burst from itself and with water , sun, and soil grows into a beautiful plant but the divine essence remains constant.  If you are a squirrel you will prefer the seed form but if you are a rabbit you will think the plant is the improved version.   Growth and adaptation is the surest signs of life but which version of you is best is for you to decide.   What is it that you Love? 

A point that I have often discussed this year on social media, in articles and on radio is the dance of loving what is but at the same time the ego of wanting more.   Loving is a present action, wanting is a future fantasy.    I have just posted a note on my “Divinity in Divorce” Face book page that states this principle when evaluating relationships but the same law holds true with anything you desire.   Love it and it is yours, want it and it doesn’t want you.   Love as the highest vibration,  understands the pain and pleasure in this moment is no better or worse in the future.   Want is a fantasy of wishing for something you perceive as missing in your currently reality and you believe it is somehow better than what you already have.    The trainer asks,  “What do you want?”   The Goddess replies, “ I  want for nothing but I’d love more of me.” 

“If we could understand the order of the universe well enough, we would find that it surpasses all the wishes of the wisest and that it is impossible to make it better than it is.”  G.W. Leibniz

Love and gratitude opens the universal  gates to grant you all that you desire.   Start every day asking yourself the questions :   How can I expand and grow today?  What seeds can I plant today in my garden of life?  Where may I give my loving service?  Does this fit into my highest values?  Am I being true to me?   Every man, woman, child and their dog will have their idea of the best version of you and they will be different to test and tempt your own wisdom.   Honor your uniqueness, you are great... live it.    

A spark of thought created you.  A single candle will light the room. One star holds the light of creation.  If you were to wish upon a star...what would you love?  The "how's" and "why's" you'll design but your THOUGHT is the spark.  Write it down, act on the thought, tell others to keep you accountable and send your light out into the world.

My wish for you my dear friends is the same today as it is every day.  Fresh Vitality, Firm in Love and Continued Blessings.   Thank you for your friendship.

No comments: